Don’t ask me why, but when I turned on the tv and Regis and Kelly was on (what do they even call that show now that he’s left) on Monday, I didn’t bother to change the channel.
Maybe it was a sign I need to switch out my 409 and Windex to natural alternatives….or I need to take a trip to some random resort in Utah.
Enough daytime babble, here’s what I learned from their guest, an editor of Real Simple magazine. For alternative natural cleansers, we can:
- Apply heated vegetable oil to moisturize wicker furniture
- Make a sea salt and olive oil paste to clean a cast iron pan
- Use olive oil to polish stainless steal appliances, buff with dry cloth
- Combine 1/2 c water, 1/2 c vinegar, 20 drops essential oils to use as a disinfectant (soak hair brushes for an hour)
- Soak shower head in vinegar overnight
- Polish silver with toothpaste
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on stained wooden cutting board and let sit overnight