I’m always looking for a way to lighten up my makeup to look more natural, especially in spring and summer.
Last time I saw Karla for a makeover, I instantly noticed her eyes looked bigger. When I started to take a closer look, I realized she was only wearing eye liner under her eye. The lack of liner on the top really allowed her eyes to shine, and the light liner she had on the bottom and mascara was enough to give her eye definition.
At first I was scared to try it on myself because it seems like something a punky teenage girl would do. Then one day last month I pulled the trigger and I haven’t gone back.
Here’s how I do it:
Prep: Apply concealer and powder under eyes. Smooth foundation on entire lid.
- Use full brush to apply highlight under brow.
- Swipe pink (or Stila’s Kitten) over lid.
- Fill in between lid and brow with full brush loaded with light brown.
- Use angled brush with taupe in crease to give depth.
- Use eggplant (or purple, navy, black) to line under eye lightly. Load tip of angle brush (or a stiff round brush) with eggplant and apply from corner into crease and onto lid. For nighttime, as I have done here, you can line just a little of the top lash. The red arrow in middle picture points to where I stopped.
- Apply mascara on top lash only.
Red arrow in bottom picture show how the shimmer on my lid and lack of liner brightens and opens my eye.
Please note: I did my eyes a little darker because I was going out at night when I took the pictures. Keep it light during the day!
- Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow Brush ($28)
- Bobbi Brown Angle Brush ($28)
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash – Fawn ($21)
- Chanel LES 4 OMBRES – Eclosion ($58)
- Sephora Classic Flat Brush ($13)