Searching for a quick dinner recipe I came across Chicken Lettuce Wraps on my epicurious app and went with it. Tasty, healthy, quick, and a welcome change from all of the herb infused dishes I’ve made lately.
Stir-Fried Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 16 large butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup Asian sweet chili sauce (optional)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (I used Canola)
- 3 medium shiitake mushrooms (about 1 ounce), stemmed, minced (I used white button mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup unsalted, roasted cashews, chopped (I totally forgot to do this and I didn’t miss them)
- Do all the prep work of mincing first, then get ready to cook.
- Mix chicken, scallions, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a medium bowl; marinate 10 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add mushrooms; stirfry 15 seconds.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry 10 seconds.
- Add chicken mixture and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter.
- Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leaves, dividing equally.
- Garnish with cashews. Roll leaves around filling and dip into chili sauce.
I sauteed chopped kale in a separate pan and then added into stir fry at the end. I could have used broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, maybe even carrots to make this more nutritious!