A ripe avocado can be squished up to make a creamy and healthy spread on your sandwiches. For extra flavor, I add a little bit of pesto. It’s a trick I’ve been using since college and got worn out with it around 2004. Thankfully the combo reappeared in my head while shopping for a picnic the other day.
If you like the flavor, you can also make a more chunky version as a dip. Mash up 2 avocados and add:
- A dash of good quality EVOO
- Chopped basil
- Finely chopped garlic (1-2 cloves)
- Fresh grated parsean cheese
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- A little squeeze of lemon
Serve with pita chips or sweet potato chips. It’s a pleasant change from guacamole.Tweet this!