Fall makeup this year is about bold eye colors – green in particular – and red lips. Finding the right red can be tricky, so here are some helpful tips:
- If you wear cool color eyeshadows (blues, purples, and gray), wear a red with a blue hue like the picture on the left.
- If you wear warm colored eyeshadow (brown, bronze, gold, orange), wear a red with an orange hue like the picture on the right.
- With green eyeshadow, you can go either warm or cool, but I say ditch the red and opt for a mauve or nude so your eyes pop.
- For a natural look with a bold lip, try something more mauve instead of red.
- Buy one bold red lipstick and manipulate it with different lip liner. This way you can change the color (and even the hue) depending on your outfit.
- For best saturation and endurance, apply with a lip brush.
- Create a pouty lip by lining your lips with a darker liner over the red lipstick. Darken from sides and bottom, leaving the middle part of your lip bright red. Apply a clear coat of gloss on top and DO NOT rub your lips together.
- Click here for my secret to long-lasting lucious lips while out at night!
UPDATE: Refinery29 posted a very helpful guide today on How To Chose A Red Lipstick .Tweet this!