As soon as the warm weather sets in, I ditch my jeans for skirts/shorts and don’t bring back full length pants until fall. I have no idea how men deal with heat in denim. From a fashion perspective, pants in the summer is probably one of the only major drawbacks I can see to being a man….
My real clothes “uniform” (as opposed to my spandex one shown right) follows a pretty simple template as you can see. I just swap out the bottom and I’m good to go. This year’s combinations include a denim vest to give the outfit some casual character and then top it all off with statement sunnies and cuffs. As much as I love scarves, I can’t handle them in the heat. The ballet flats are often exchanged for wedge sneakers, but both will be replaced with sandals soon (like my new favorite Crocs!)
The wedge sneakers are HUGE in NYC right now. Every other person at SoulCycle has a pair and I see them all over the street. I bought my white Ashes at Intermix to jump on board and give my look a little edge. They go with everything, especially sporty spandex, but I don’t LOVE them. At least when I bought into the Ugg trend way back when the furry boots were comfortable. I am almost willing to go on the record saying my stilettos are more comfortable than the wedges.
Below are my head to toes for these pics. Links are provided in case you want to snatch up one of the pieces. I get at least ten compliments on the Helmut Lang skirt every time I wear it . Yesterday a mother and daughter pulled over on the side of the street to ask who made it!
My Uniform: Swap Out The Skirt Head to Toe
- Tom Ford sunglasses (shop more styles on Polyvore)
- Twenty white tank from Intermix
- Rag & Bone jean vest from Tootsies
- Clover Canyon skirt (left) from Tootsies
- Helmut Lang skirt (right) from Tootsies – link is to black one. My color you can find in their stores.
- Mossimo patent ballet flats
- Moe CLICK bag (left), Furla leopard bag (right)
Funking it up
- Oliver Peoples sunglasses + Yigal Azrouel scarf
- Orange Beyond Yoga tank, Nike Dri Fit tie dye pants from Luke’s Locker, sting ray cuff
Wedges: My Ash BeaWedge Sneaker top left. Others were spotted around NYC.Tweet this!