Every year I do one looooong gift guide. This year, you’ll get five different lists based on MTM daily themes. Monday has been and will always be fitness. And who better to be the model of hot bod than my SOULCYCLE rider and HOT 8 yoga enthusiast Amanda. Here’s what I love about her lifestyle: she exercises once a day, eats right, works hard, and doesn’t overindulge. Hence her lovely backside :)
Now, there was a time when giving a gym membership was considered insulting. However, with the advent of our private studio addictions – whether it be SOULCYCLE, pilates, yoga, barre, etc – giving a pack of classes is the perfect gift.
Here are options for my favorite studios around that I know your peeps will love too.
- Cycling: SOULCYCLE (nationwide), Revolution in Houston, Flywheel in Atlanta
- Yoga: CorePower , YogaWorks, and HOT 8 Yoga in Los Angeles, PUREyoga and Laughing Lotus Yoga in New York, Houston Yoga Collective in Houston, Atlanta Hot Yoga
- Barre: Pure Barre (nationwide), Physique 57 (NYC and LA), Define in Houston
- Pilates: Platinum Pilates in Los Angeles, Sculpt in Houston, Stellar Bodies in Atlanta
- High Intensity Interval Training: Fhitting Room in New York, BLAST in Atlanta, Burn 60 in Los Angeles, and Barry’s Boot Camp and CrossFit nationwide
If you live in one of the cities below you can buy a CLASSPASS. This allows them classes at any studio that is affiliated. They can go to each studio 3 times a month! The links below will take you to a map of the city with the studios pinpointed.
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
- San Diego
Now, if you’re looking for something more tangible, I suggest:
- Lululemon Yoga Mat
- FlipBelt (for runners who wear their iPhone)
- Foam Roller
- Sensoria Smart Sock (designed for runners)