As effective as they are, I can’t stand burpees so I have been happily substituting this move into my workout for weeks!
Just like a burpee, the total body twist requires me to use my arms, abs, and legs. During my weight training days, 20 reps gets my heart rate up so I stay in my fat burning zone while I’m lifting.
A few things to remember:
- Your weight should be moderately heavy to support the movement.
- Don’t let your elbows flare out to the side.
- Keep your abs contracted to support your back as you’re twisting.
- Don’t stop when you get tired, just slow down your pace.
- Go for 20 reps, 10 on each side.
Total Body Twist Heat to Toe
- Lululemon Top
- Polar Heart Rate Monitor
- Lululemon Pants
- Brooks Pure Running Shoes