As a matter of fact I have! But that could have been 3 years ago…after so many years of blogging I lose track :)
If you’ve been following me through those years, you know I’ve moved a handful of times – New York, LA, Houston, Mexico, Atlanta. As much as I would like to take my workout with me as I bounce around, I can’t because of the facilities and studios specific to each city. In some ways that’s good so I don’t get burned out and my body doesn’t become accustomed to a routine. As we all know, one of the most important parts of changing our bodies and getting stronger is challenging your body.
The basis of my workout is always the same: cardio, weights/strength, aerobic/zone 3 heart rate/fat burning days, yoga. How I accomplish those things is based on where I am and my heart rate goal for the day (cardio = zone 4-5 for 1 hour, fat burn = zone 3 1 hour). Here is an approximate breakdown of what I do where. If you click the links, you’ll get more details on what my workouts entail.
- SoulCycle – 3 days a week = cardio
- Blink/Equinox – 2 days a week = weights + zone 3
- Yoga – 1 day a week (haven’t found a studio here yet)
To answer Jaclyn’s question, SoulCycle isn’t enough FOR ME because it misses 2 major muscle groups (chest and back) during the arm segment and doesn’t allow for building muscle with heavy weights. However, the arm section is amazing to tone your shoulders, biceps, and triceps.
- SoulCycle – 2 days a week= cardio
- Runyon Canyon – 2 days a week = 1 day cardio, 1 day zone 3
- Equinox – weights or group fitness classes (they have THE BEST!), 1 day yoga
**I still haven’t figured out my scheduling of these yet.
- Spinning at fit gym – 3 days a week = cardio
- Personal Trainer Cederick – 2 days a week = weights + zone 3
- Memorial Park – 3 mile job, 1 day = zone 3
- Joy Yoga Studio – 1 day
- BLAST900 – 3-4 days a week = 3 days cardio, 1 day zone 3
- Private gym – 2 days a week = weights + zone 3
- Chastain Park – 6 mile jog or walk with weights = zone 3
- Spinning at home – 1-2 days a week = cardio or zone 3
- Atlanta Hot Yoga – 1 day a week
- My beach workouts – 3 days a week = 1 day cardio, 2 day zone 3
- Gym – 2-3 days a week = weights + cardio
- P90x – weights, resistance bands, 1 days a week = weights
- Yoga DVD (haven’t found a favorite yet)