I’m not going to lie, it’s nice to have checks coming in from my resale sites these days. Clothes, jewelry, and accessories that I NEVER or rarely wear anymore are now making me real money! The key is to be smart about where you resell your stuff.
- Consign top designer brand pieces that are like new. A concierge will come to your house if you have 10 pieces or more to consign or you can ship them in for assessment.
- You get 60% of selling price. That’s the best I’ve ever seen.
- For info or to consign, contact Nicole.Fornaro@therealreal.com
- DIY consignment
- Post your own picks to their site, describe the item, and name your own price
- Share your sale across social platforms to promote
- They provide shipping label already paid for
- Fee: 20% of sale price
- Shop my closet here
Local Consignment Stores
- Take in your stuff and they pull what they want
- Usually hangs on the racks for 90 days until which time you donate or take back
- Labels they accept depends on the store.
- Ones I use: Labels in Atlanta (will take my Zara!), Little Bird in Houston, tons now in Soho NYC I’ve seen
- Sell all of my old gold and silver jewelry instantly for cash
- Pay the highest price per ounce I’ve seen
- Have a party and earn 10% of total they buy
- Email me Mary@MoreThanMary.com for more details and I can help set you up
- Have earned THOUSANDS without selling a lot of stuff
Other sites I’ve heard of:
- Consign any label women’s clothes
- Fees 38.5% of sale
- $10 for clean out kit
- Consign iAnything or video games
- Fees: 12% first 100, 8% after that, $1-3 for shipping kit
- fee 15% sale price plus $2.34 closing fee
Collectables, furniture, designer goods:
- Ebay (9% of sale price and shipping cost)
- Craigslist.com (no fees)