If you’re like me and DYING to get rid of your temperamental iPhone 5, you’ll appreciate how easy Radio Shack’s system is for you to make the switch! I learned this trick randomly when I was picking up an extension cord in Atlanta a few years ago. For some reason, they don’t advertise it.
Here’s what you do:
- Go into your local Radio Shack and choose the model iPhone you want.
- Put down a $50 deposit which they will return in the form of a gift card.
- Sign your declaration of intent.
- When it arrives, you have 3 days to pick it up.
- Sell your old iPhone on the spot. If you have a 5 or 5S, you will get over $100 for it.
That’s it! No line, no hassle, no FedEx sticker saying you missed the delivery on your door.
Just to give you an idea of the cost of the new iPhone 6:
I chose the 64GB iPhone 6 (not the Plus). With my upgrade the phone is $300. My iPhone 5 will trade in for $110 (or possibly more). Now my phone is $200!Tweet this!