By the looks of it, I’m going to go with “HELL YES!” I stumbled across this recipe from Partial Ingredients on my friend Joe’s Facebook page and was instantly drooling.
I haven’t been cooking lately, hence the lack of recipes on MTM. Not to worry, I’m firing up the oven on Friday so there should be something exciting to see next week.
I don’t know if my dish will beat this bad boy. This grilled cheese has everything I love sandwiched between two pieces of bread, which makes it even more heavenly. Plus, a dollop of cream and cilantro on top. I mean….
Partial Ingredients is a food blog without much background about the blogger. She lives in central California, seems to cook often, and adapts recipes to her liking. For example, she says she came up with this recipe using leftovers from a Mexican meal. I would have never thought of a grilled cheese, but here it is in all its glory!
Evereyone always wants to add meat to a grilled cheese which makes it too heavy. Admittedly, this version is loaded with fat, yet I’m going to guess eat bite is worth it. We can lighten it up with less avocado and maybe adding some spinach. Make it as you will. My advise, just make it!
Roasted Jalapeno and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
(Makes 3 sandwiches)
- 6 slices bread, cut in half
- 6-7 jalapenos, halved with seeds removed
- whole milk queso fresco, sliced thin
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced or mashed
- Sour cream
- On the broiler setting, roast the jalapenos cut side down for about 5-6 minutes, or until the jalapenos are just starting to char.
- Place a few slices of cheese on one slice of bread. Add the jalapenos on top.
- On the other slice of bread, spread a thin layer of sour cream.
- Assemble the sandwich and grill for several minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Add the avocado slices onto the sandwich after grilling.