I am a HUGE fan of group fitness classes these days because I just can’t motivate myself to go to the gym. I never thought I would feel that way, but here I am, looking for excuses every day. So, to combat this and get in a solid 1 hour workout, I carve out the time in my schedule for my trainer or a class.
GoRecess.com is a new site that instantly locateds the kind of workout you’re looking for near you. You put in the type of exercise – yoga, cardio, bootcamp, spinning, etc – your location, and the radius you are willing to drive (or even better jog or bike!). GoRecess then creates a detailed list like you see above. Such a great concept because I’m always looking for a way to change up my workout.
Also, most studios will offer their first class for free, so if you’re on a tight budget, you can jump around for a while while you save up some cash and settle on your favorite.
If you’re in one of the cities I frequent, I reccommend these studios and gyms:
- SoulCycle – where I used to teach spinning
- Equinox – take the 30/60/90 class
- Physique 57 – Total body toning. Will get your booty tight!
- Soul Cycle – just opened in WeHo!
- Equinox – group classes are totally worth the membership
- UpDog Fitness – for spinning and yoga. Take classes from Colin and Reilly. Meredith for yoga.
- Fitness Factory – “garage” style hideout where celebs train. Sam Upton is the best!
- Fit Gym – where I teach spin
- Next Level Fitness – smaller and more affordable gym. I train with Cederick and box with Jason
- Joy Yoga – my favorite yoga in Houston!
- Yoga One
- Cura Yoga
- Define – like Physique 57/barre method. Great for toning.
- Blast900 – most intense full body workout you’ll ever have
- Eclipse 1 on 1 – training only. I love Jeff and Julius.
- Stellar Bodies – SPX training
- Urban Active Gym
I know I’m missing some; I can’t hit them all! Please share your favorites in the comments below. If you use GoRecess.com, let us know if you were pleased with the class you attend.
(P.S. Sorry for the blurry picture. PC’s just don’t have the same quality of screen grab as a Mac. I’ll replace it tomorrow!)Tweet this!